2oz of batter (1 waffle) = 9 carbs!
- 3 cups organic almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup organic coconut milk
- 5 organic eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup grass fed butter, softened
- Turn on your waffle iron. (I prefer the Belgian waffle type.)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until evenly mixed (almond flour, shredded coconut, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon & salt).
- In a separate large bowl, cream the wet ingredients (coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla & butter).
- Fold the dry ingredients into the creamed wet ingredients, until fully incorporated.
- Using a 2oz ladle, position a dollop of batter in the center of the waffle square. Cook per the waffle iron instructions. (It should take about 4 minutes.)
Enjoy with RESETTERS raspberry syrup, sliced almonds & (optional) raw whipped cream.