- 1/2 Organic almond milk (best is homemade)
- 1 Scoop protein powder
- 1 Scoop Max Greens (In order of preference Berry / Plain / Chocolate)
- 1 T. GI Revive
- 3 T. Organic almond butter (best is homemade)
- 1/2 cup organic, raw cashews
- 2 cups organic frozen mixed berries
In a blender (Vitamix recommended), add the ingredients in the order they are listed*. Start on a low speed & increase to develop a smooth creamy texture. You will need to periodically stop and push down the ingredients; you want to do this instead of adding more liquid, because more liquid will change the texture. Blend less if you like the nuts to be larger and create a crunchier end product. When the texture is to your liking (I like firm & creamy with some small chunks of nuts), transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. I stirred the mixture every 30 minutes to make sure the firmness was consistent.
Scoop & Enjoy! Makes 6 standard scoops.
* The liquid on the bottom prevents items getting stuck in the blades & the heavier ingredients on the top will push down all ingredients towards the blades for blending & prevent the dry ingredients from flying around.
NOTE: You do not want to leave this in your freezer a long time so it gets really hard...just firm enough to scoop. It doesn't have any ingredients (fake food ingredients) to keep it soft & stay in the freezer a long time.