This Habanero Sauce is A W E S O M E !The sweetness comes from fresh red bell peppers, not sugar or added sweeteners. It definitely has a kick that you can dial up or down depending on your preference. It can be frozen (see picture) and saved for another time without the texture being compromised after thawing! It is delicious on steak, chicken or fish. I even put some on my RESET Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower & it was yummy! This sauce rocks!
Makes 8 cups; Approx 5 carbs for 3 Tablespoons
- 1 1/2 Cups Avocado Oil
- 4 Red Bell Peppers, Cored, Seeded and Quartered
- 1 to 4 Habanero Chilies, Halved (Seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 Red Onion, Peeled & Cut Into 8 pieces
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 5 Limes, Zest & Juice
- 1 1/2 T. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Oregano Leaves (Packed)
- 1 t. Sea salt
- 1 t. Finely Ground Pepper
- 2 t. Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 t. Ground Cardamom
- In a Vitamix or large blender, blend all ingredients until smooth (about 4 minutes).
- Warm & serve with grilled steak, chicken or fish (or even veggies, too!).
- This sauce can be easily frozen in small plastic containers and then stored in a freezer safe bag and saved for later. The integrity & fresh flavors of this sauce are not jeopardized by the freezing process.