3/4 cup (Approx 28 carbs). Start your day with Quinoa one of the great super foods. 14% to 18% of quinoa seeds are made up of proteins. Quinoa contains the nine essential amino acids in the required proportions. Tender leaves and flower heads of the quinoa plant contain high levels of vitamin A and antioxidants such as carotene and lutein. Antioxidants remove harmful free radicals from the body thus protect from degenerative neurological diseases, cancers and aging. Quinoa grains are good sources of vitamin E vitamin B and essential fatty acids such as linoleic. The grains are also rich in dietary fibers and minerals such as magnesium and iron. Magnesium ensures a smooth flow of blood by relaxing the blood vessels. Iron is needed for the formation of red blood cells.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Almond Milk or Water
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 T. Flaxseed
- Run water over Quinoa through a fine mesh strainer.
- In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat & fluff with a fork.
Serve with fresh fruits such as bananas & berries, sliced almonds and/or goats milk yogurt (which can easily be flavored with the raspberry syrup recipe listed with the RESET Waffle). If you need to add a little sweetness, you can either add honey to the yogurt or to the quinoa during the last few minutes of cooking (if the honey is in the saucepan too long, it will burn).